Lash extensions have become a popular beauty trend in recent years, but not everyone is ready to spend a lot of money at a salon. Fortunately, DIY lash extensions are a great alternative that can be done at home. In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about DIY lash extensions, from the duration of their lifespan to how to properly care for them.
How Long Do DIY Lash Extensions Last?
The typical lifespan of DIY lash extensions varies depending on the type of glue used and the level of maintenance they receive. On average, they can last anywhere from one to three weeks. It's important to note that exposure to water, oil-based products, and rubbing the eyes can all shorten the lifespan of DIY lash extensions.
What Do You Need to Do Your Own Eyelash Extensions?
To do your own eyelash extensions, you will need a few materials and tools. These include: -False lashes -Eyelash adhesive (make sure to choose a high-quality, waterproof glue) -Eyelash tweezers -Scissors -Mirror -Eyelash brush
Do DIY Lash Extensions Damage Your Natural Lashes?
If not done properly, DIY lash extensions can cause damage to your natural lashes. This can happen when the glue is not applied correctly or when too much weight is added to the natural lashes. To avoid damage, make sure to follow the instructions carefully and use a high-quality, waterproof glue. Additionally, it's important to avoid rubbing your eyes and using oil-based products near your lashes.
How to Do DIY Lash Extensions for Beginners?
- Clean and dry your eyes thoroughly.
- Choose the lashes you want to use and measure them against your natural lashes to ensure they are the correct length.
- Cut the lashes to the correct length and apply a small amount of adhesive to the strip.
- Hold the lashes in place with the tweezers and wait for the glue to become tacky.
- Apply the lashes to your natural lashes, starting from the outer corner and working inward.
- Use the eyelash brush to comb through the lashes and make sure they are evenly spaced.
- Repeat the process until you have achieved your desired look.
Why Do My DIY Lash Extensions Fall Out So Fast?
If your DIY lash extensions are falling out quickly, it could be due to several factors. The glue used may not be of high quality or the right type for your skin. Additionally, exposure to water or oil-based products can weaken the glue and cause the lashes to fall out. To prevent this, make sure to use a high-quality, waterproof glue and avoid exposing your lashes to water or oil-based products.
How Long Do DIY Eyelash Extensions Last For?
The typical lifespan of DIY eyelash extensions is between one and three weeks. However,